Opening Doors, Overcoming Barriers With Job Readiness and Job Search Skills
Community Resource Rooms
Goodwill Community Resource Rooms provide the tools and assistance you need to get back to work!
Our Resource Rooms provide computer access, classes, and assistance applying for work. Additionally, workshops are held to help you increase your skills!
Employers regularly hold hiring events in the Resource Rooms, so get ready today to find your next position.
Resource Rooms are located at:
- Goodwill McHenry at 2006 Richmond Road, (815) 322-0015
- Goodwill DeKalb at 1037 Annie Glidden South, (815) 748-7155
Often, taking that next step on the career path can be the hardest, particularly for individuals with disabilities and other barriers. We’re here to help. Throughout the year, Goodwill offers a variety of programs.
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois’ placement Program is designed to assist individuals with disabilities in developing the job skills needed to find and maintain employment in the community. Participants meet with Goodwill Employment Specialists to develop job search and job readiness skills, as well as assistance finding and applying for employment.
To be eligible for the program:
To be eligible for Goodwill’s Placement Program, participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must have a documented disability and an be willing to open DRS VR(Department of Rehabilitation Services, Vocational Rehabilitation) case file,
- You must 17 years of age or older to receive services in Goodwill’s Employment Placement program.
- You must have a willingness to work in the community and complete all program requirements.
A three year CARF Accreditation was awarded to Goodwill for this program in 2018 which is official recognition that the organization is guided by internationally recognized service standards and best practices.
Attire to Hire
Goodwill knows that interview and employment clothing can be costly. Our Attire to Hire program can help provide vouchers for clothing suitable for work.
To be eligible for this program, you must have a referral from an organization or case manager. Organizations or case managers can contact Goodwill to obtain the referral form for this program. Individuals may only receive one voucher.